Erasmus+ is often unnoticed by non-educational entities. However, this EU program supports initiatives in the field of education and training as well as youth and sports.
In this last category, the Commission aims to finance projects of non-profit associations and public organizations that promote integrity and good governance in the field of sport, social inclusion, equal opportunities, the benefits of physical activity for health and/or the European Week of Sport.
Organizations interested in such projects can find the following open calls to submit their proposals before 12 May 2016 (similar calls in 2017):
-. Collaborative partnerships: it funds projects related with several topics that have a partnership of at least five members of five participating countries (maximum duration of 3 years).
-. Small collaborative partnerships (new!): for the first time the Commission has opened a call (similar to the previous one) aimed at grassroots sports organizations and that only requires three members of three different countries per project (maximum duration of 2 years).
-. Events: this type of action basically finances the organization of major sports events at European level (maximum duration of one year).
In general, the EU finances 80% of the total eligible costs, within established limits for each type of action: 400,000 € for collaborative partnerships, 60,000 € for the small ones and 500,000€ for events. If the project is selected, pre-financing rate is 70% and the remaining 30% is granted at the end.
If you want more information about these calls or want to find other European funds you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on developments and European funding opportunities you can follow us on Twitter (@MAC_Partners) and LinkedIn.